What Makes Your Ford Truck Roar?
Any well-informed truck enthusiast understands that if you want the best truck, you must invest in a Ford truck. Ford Trucks for sale in your area will always catch your attention. Once you personally experience seeing their bold exterior, hearing their roaring engines, and feelings their massive might from behind the wheel, no other truck will ever satisfy your senses again.
That being said, becoming the nation’s best pickup truck provider doesn’t just happen, it takes a lot of dedication and mechanical prowess. What makes up the Ford trucks you see for sale is more than just massive scraps of metal on wheels, it’s an intricate system of numerous high-grade parts and impressive features that bring out the trucks true potential. So, let’s break it down and show you the highlights of what makes a Ford truck Roar.
An engine is the soul of any vehicle, especially the larger and more muscular vehicles. For any Ford truck on the market, the journey to limitless potential starts and ends with an impressive selection of commanding engine options. Let’s take a look at some of Ford’s main headliners and the engines that power them:
The Ford F-150 has always been a fan favorite and at the head of its class when it comes to performance. With six impressive engines for you to choose from, you will always gain the exact power output you require from your pickup truck. Here is the engine line up, all with auto start/stop technology for your fuel efficiency:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine (290 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque)
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6 Engine (325 hp and 400 lb.-ft. of torque)
- 3.5L EcoBoost V6 (375 hp and 470 lb.-ft. of torque)
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine (395 hp and 400 lb.-ft. of torque)
- 3.0L Power Stroke Turbo Diesel Engine (250 hp and 440 lb-ft of torque)
- 3.5L EcoBoost V6 High-output Raptor exclusive Engine (450 hp and 510 lb.-ft. of torque)
The Ford Super Duty is a series that includes the Ford F-250, F-350, and F-450. Offering two types of engines, and only one engine for the F-450, these Ford trucks are all about precise efficiency and perfect pairing. Here are the engine options for the toughest trucks on the market:
- 6.2L 2 Valve Gas SOHC EFI NA V8 (Flex-Fuel) Engine (485 hp and 430 lb.-ft. of torque)
- 6.7L 4 Valve Power Stroke® Diesel V8 (B20) Engine (450 hp and 935 lb.-ft. of torque
Airbags are great, and alerting systems are amazing, but the heart of all safety in any car, SUV or truck is the brakes. Especially in larger vehicles like Ford trucks that haul massive loads, a braking system that goes above and beyond is essential for the safety of everyone on the road.
Not only do all Ford trucks for sale today offer durable brakes that can handle every pound with perfection, but they also off have multiple intelligent braking assist systems in place to increase brake responsiveness. The F-450 model being the largest Ford truck is specifically known for having the largest four-wheel anti-lock brakes in its class.
The transmission is the leading factor in how well your Ford truck performs. With all the horsepower offered in all of the F-Series models its essential to have a transmission that is rugged enough to handle getting all that power to the wheels. But just having a rugged transmission isn’t enough for today’s consumer. With every Ford truck for sale today there is the expectation of raw performance along with fuel economy and driving refinement, and to those expectations, Ford delivers.
Ford trucks offer only the best transmissions on the market. For the Ford F-150 model, most engine options will be paired with a remarkable 10-speed automatic transmission, but even the base engine will gain the honor of being paired with an electronic six-speed automatic transmission. The Ford Super Duty series, on the other hand, is paired with a brilliant Ford TorqShift SelectShift 6-speed automatic transmission that is ideal for vehicles with a heavy torque.
Towing is what Ford trucks were destined to do from the very first concept drawing to the day they hit the market. Every Ford truck boasts its best-in-class towing capacity, and the facts only defend that.
- The Ford F-150 offers an outstanding best-in-class 13,200 pounds of towing potential when properly equipped. In order to reach this level of towing proficiency, you will have to invest in the F-150 with the SuperCrew Cab, standard bed, and 3.5L V6 engine.
- The Ford F-250 under Ford Super Duty will offer drivers an impressive max towing capacity of 18,500 pounds. As only the first of the Ford Super Duty collection, it starts off so strong that it almost makes it impossible to imagine how it could possibly be two levels above it.
- The Ford F-350 under Ford Super Duty grants travelers a massive 32,000 pounds of smooth and efficient towing capability. This model also gains the best-in-class title for conventional towing at 27,000 pounds and max payload at 7,630 pounds.
The Ford F-450 under Ford Super Duty is the biggest and boldest of any current Ford truck or any truck in the nation for that matter. Just like the Ford F-150, the Max towing capacity is best-in-class at 34,000 pounds, but that’s not all. The F-450 also managed to get best-in-class conventional towing with 21,000 pounds, and best in class gross combined weight rating (GCWR) with 42,800 pounds.
DePaula Ford for Your Ford Truck
What makes a Ford truck special isn’t only those who manufacture it, but also the loyal automotive community that stands behind it. We at DePaula Ford are thrilled with every Ford truck that we have the pleasure of selling to a sure-to-be satisfied customer. No vehicle runs quite as tough or roars quietly as loud, and we are passionate about showing that to anyone and all types of truck enthusiast. If you are someone that will only stand for the best, then DePaula Ford will be sure to set you up with just that. Visit us today to see the incredible Ford trucks for sale that we have to offer!